Born May 23, 1987, Reunion Island
Lives in Guidel
Before moving to offshore sailing, Morgan Lagravière cut his teeth in Olympic sailing as a member of the French team from 2008 to 2010. He then moved to the Figaro circuit, and was the first rookie in the 2011 Solitaire race, finishing in eighth place. With two podium places in three seasons in this demanding class, it was no surprise that he starting getting noticed.
In 2014, he was chosen by Safran to be skipper of the first IMOCA foiling monohull for the 2016-17 Vendee Globe. Despite having to retire from the non-stop around the world race following damage to his steering, he continued to distinguish himself on several IMOCA circuit events, including finishing third in the 2017 Jacques Vabre transatlantic race.
A lover of extreme sports, Morgan spends much of his time kitesurfing or racing a foiler Moth, paddle boarding and windsurfing. However, with the call up to join the crew of Spindrift 2, these nautical activities will have to wait while this talented sailor dedicates himself to the round the world tour.
- 2nd of Transat AG2R La Mondial with Sébastien Simon (Figaro 2)
- 3rd of Transat Jacques Vabre with Eric Peron (Imoca)
- 2nd of Défi Azimut (Imoca)
- 9e of transat New-York Vendée
- 2e of Défi Azimut
- Vendée Globe 2016-2017
- 4th of Transat BtoB (Imoca)
- Winner Spi Ouest-France Intermarché (J80)
- Winner St-Barth Cata Cup (F18)
- 3rd of Solitaire du Figaro
- 2nd of Solitaire du Figaro
- Winner of French Offshore Championship single-handed
- 8th of Solitaire du Figaro and 1st rookie
- Crew member of French Olympics team in 49er
- Champion of France Open 5.70
2002 – 2003
- Youth World Champion in 420