Born January 6th 1976 in Talence (33)
Lives in Le-Bois-plage-en-ré (17)
Born in La Rochelle, Christophe Espagnon first met Yann Guichard in 1992 when they were together at college studying sport and sailing. They then started sailing together in the Tornado, preparing for the 2001 and 2004 Olympic games.
He then continued to the Beijing Games in 2008 and then began a journey in sailing from the Solitaire du Figaro, to the MOD70 Edmond de Rothschild via the D35 Banque Polulaire and the Extreme 40 Groupama.
Well accustomed to podium positions, Christophe brings a wide range of experience to the whole Spindrift racing team and its many projects. Normally on the bow he is equally comfortable flying on the M32 or GC32, as well as offshore on Spindrift 2. His good humour and versatility make him a valuable member of the team.
- 2nd Bol d'Or Mirabaud (Ladycat powered by Spindrift racing)
- 8th place WMRT Match Cup Australia (M32)
- 6th place WMRT GKSS Match Cup Sweden (M32)
- 7th place Match Cup Russia (M32)
- 5th place Chicago Match Cup (M32)
- 3rd place Match racing World Championship (Match Cup China) (M32)
- 3rd World Match Racing Tour Fremantle (M32)
- 3rd M32 Series Copenhague (M32)
- 4th World Match Racing Tour Copenhague (M32)
- 4th World Match Racing Tour Newport (M32)
Spindrift’s record attempt of the Jules Verne Trophy (trimaran 131’ Spindrift 2)
22 November to 8th January: Course completed in 47 days 10 hours 59 minutes and 02 seconds with an average speed of 25,35 knots - third fastest time in history (trimaran 131’ Spindrift 2)
2015: winner, Fastnet Race, GC32 and D35 Seasons, Spindrift racing
2014: winner, Bol d’Or Mirabaud (D35 Ladycat)
2013: winner, Fastnet Race and Discovery Route record (trimaran 131’ Spindrift 2)
2012: MOD70 Season, Edmond de Rothschild
2010: Seasons on the Extrême 40, Groupama, and D35, Banque Populaire
2009: Solitaire du Figaro
2008: 11th in the Olympic Games Beijing- Tornado with Xavier Revil